- March 4, 2015
New bugfix release 0.8.3. Changes:
- fix high CPU usage under E19 caused by support for _NET_WM_PING
- February 5, 2015
New bugfix release 0.8.2 (aka "It ain't dead. It's restin'"). Changes:
- several fixes in command line and config file parser
- fixed _NET_WM_STRUTS_PARTIAL support for multiple screens (kudos to Mario Pilz for a patch)
- fixed _NET_WM_DESKTOP support (thanks to Sasha Vasko for a report)
- added support for _NET_WM_PING
- November 5, 2010
New bugfix release 0.8.1. Fixes:
- fix build failure for non-debug configurations
- several manpage updates
- fix SEGFAULT while parsing command line
- icon layout fixes
Known issues: some Gnome icons that are "hidden"
actually create a window that is detected and embedded by stalonetray. Such
icons appear as empty spaces in the tray. Applications that are known to
behave this way are
- October 21, 2009
New major release 0.8.0. New features/notable changes:
- Remote control. Now it is possible to execute clicks on icons windows
from command line. See documentation on
for more info
- Support for window struts EWMH property: now maximized windows do not
cover stalonetray window. See documentation on
option for more info.
- In addition to
--icon-size which defines default icon
size, now there is also a
--slot-size which defines size of
slot containing an icon.
- Initial and maximal tray window dimensions are now specified in
- Scrollbars: now tray window has extra border, which user can click on
to scroll icon area. This means that one can have fixed-size tray window
(useful when it is swallowed by FvwmButtons). See documentation on
--scrollbars option for more info. This feature is
- Semi-ugly support for WindowMaker dockapp mode. See documentation on
--dockapp-mode option for more info.
- Build fix for NetBSD.
- Fix EWMH window type support.
Some command line and configuration file options were deprecated, see DEPRECATIONS section of manpage for more info.
- January 7, 2008
New bugfix release 0.7.6. Fixes:
- fix bug with sticky mode under Openbox
- fix bug with disappearing window under WindowMaker (sf.net bug #1858069)
- fix layout bug which prevented tray to shrink properly
- fix resizing bug when grow gravity seemed to be ignored
- fix regression: KDE icons are collected at startup again
- fix focus model so that it (more-or-less) matches ICCM
- November 28, 2007
New bugfix release 0.7.5. Fixes:
- silly bug with window states (sticky works now, Debian bug #451800)
- code cleanup in XEMBED implementation
- November 3, 2007
New bugfix release 0.7.4. Fixes:
- sample rc file typos (Debian bug #446899)
- fallback support mode for KDE icons (now KDE icons work in Xmonad)
- detect if stalonetrays` window is no longer toplevel and do not try to fix geometry (fixes excessive CPU usage as reported in Debian bug #444748)
- October 4, 2007
New bugfix version 0.7.3 is out. Fixes:
- freedesktop.org icons support on amd64 (Debian bug #445056)
- October 1, 2007
New bugfix version 0.7.2 is out. Fixes:
- typo in parameter name for maximal tray height (Debian bug #444717)
- September 27, 2007
New bugfix version 0.7.1 is out. Fixes:
- crash on an invalid rc file (Debian bug #443543)
- occasional KDE icons disappearance (sf.net bug #1676375)
- September 15, 2007
New version 0.7 is out. Release highlights:
- background tinting and fuzzy edges
- layout improvements
- XEMBED implementation fixes
- massive code cleanup
- May 31, 2007
New version 0.6.5 is out.
- April 18, 2007
New version 0.6.4, which fixes memory leak and KDE icons and MWM hints issues on x86_64.
- April 06, 2007
New version 0.6.3, which fixes layout engine bug and provides new options
to tune handling of unusually-sized icons:
respect_size_hints: do respect min_width/min_height icon window hints,
ignore_icon_resize: force all icons dimensions to be
- February 06, 2007
Version 0.6.2, which fixes some issues with KDE icons was released.
- January 05, 2007
Version 0.6.1, which fixes some issues with unusually-sized icons was released.
- December 29, 2006
Version 0.5 was never released. Instead, lo and behold: 0.6. Release highlights:
- new layout engine: must be faster and less buggier
- some portability improvements
- "gravity" rc file directive is obsolete; use "icon_gravity" instead
- MUCH better XEMBED interop
- better handling of KDE icons
- docbook documentation
- boolean arguments are now optional in rc file
- May 19, 2006
Stalonetray 0.4 was released some time ago and now the site is open.